Here's another old 54mm figure I decided to re-paint. Not sure of the maker, but I've had him for over 35 years or so.
Part of the reason I decided to re-paint him was due the two wings being broken apart. They were fixed with some pinning and Green Stuff. The metal turned black after soaking in Simple Green to remove the old enamel and oil-bassed paint.
After I finish this guy, and possibly a couple more old 54mm models in various stages of disrepair, I will get back to 28mm figures. I just don't want these guys sitting around collecting dust - or worse, thrown out in momentary lapse of judgement.