Friday, March 15, 2013

SPR: Alamo - Bolt Action Scenario

Just a quick post to show what I'm working on - a Saving Private Ryan final battle scene using Bolt Action. This will be a game I plan to host at our annual convention, Enfilade!, in May. Actually still reviewing the rules, but they are quite easy to understand, and the recent game fellow blogger Scrivs hosted really helped. Please see Scrivs' blog for a  nice write up of that game.
Of course, I still need to add the river and bridge. The river will run along the wall on the far side of the table - i.e. the Alamo. My buddy Pat (aka Socal Warhammer) said he'd let me borrow his river and bridge, but I'd like to get these terrain pieces too as every gamer should have them. More to follow. Thanks for checking out this blog. Maranatha!

UPDATE:
Just got back from JoAnn's - picked up some cheap felt pieces to use as the river. My FLGS, The Game Matrix, didn't have a bridge I need - the search continues. I also placed masking tape with ID under the terrain so they will be placed in the appropriate areas after transporting them. Here's the table top only needing the bridge: